Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Life of a procrastinator

So, apparently when I decided that it was a good idea to start a blog.. I failed to think that I would actually have to take the time to post things. Yet another thing that I have started and failed to maintain. I have decided that I miss the days when life moved slowly. Like when I was a kid, for example, I rememeber summer seeming to last forever, same with winter break (well back then it did last forever because we had over a month off). Now it just seems like the days are getting shorter and the amount of things I have to get done in those dwindling hours is getting more and more. I guess thats a down fall of getting old.. *sigh*
I saw a really awesome trailer for a movie the other day. It was called Waiting for "Superman". It's about the situation of our failing education system. Which is a serious issue, it seems udderly ridiculous to me that when budgets fall short, one of the first things that is suggested to get cut is education. Apparently the government doesn't realize that if they cut the budgets of schools that they are making a dangerous impact on our future generation. Why would we want to entrust our future, and the future of the 60-some percent of the population that are baby boomers, in the hands of idiots? Not only just idiots, self absorbed, budget cut-dollar menu educated idiots. It makes me sad to think that my kid or kids have to attempt to survive and learn something from the current education system, that is if they don't get bullied to the extent that school is one of the last things on their mind. What happened to the simple days? Isn't that one of the amazing promises are charismatic president offered us?? Where is it?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment